Comprehensive Careers Information Advice and Guidance is a theme that runs through both Year 12 and Year 13, providing you with the information, experiences and support you need to research career pathways and make successful applications to jobs, apprenticeships, and universities.
Our Careers Information Advice and Guidance programme includes:
- One to one support and guidance for UCAS and apprenticeship applications
- Careers-focussed assemblies and tutor programme
- Mock interviews
- Meet the expert event, where students can meet and question people from different industries
- Work experience placement
- Links to programmes at local universities
- Personalised support for Oxbridge and medical applicants
- Visits to the UCAS exhibition
- Visits from experts from higher education to support university applications
‘It was due to the Head of Sixth Form’s guidance, support, and encouragement to be aspirational when applying to university, that I applied to Durham, and am now very much enjoying studying English Literature here this year!’ Talia, Year 13 Leaver
Students at Archway Sixth Form go on to a range of different destinations, including Higher Education, apprenticeships, employment, and gap years.
Here are some recent examples of what Archway Sixth Form students have gone on to do after Success in their A-Level and BTEC qualification:
- Taia gained Maths A*, Chemistry A*, Fine Art A*, Extended Project Qualification A* and has gone on to study BSc Mathematics at the University of Bristol.
- Talia achieved Photography A*, English Literature A, Fine Art A, Extended Project Qualification A* and is studying BA English Literature at St Mary’s College, University of Durham.
- Alex achieved Biology A, Chemistry A, Physics A and is studying MB ChB Gateway to Medicine, at the University of Bristol.
- Lydia got BTEC Health and Social Distinction*, Sociology B, Psychology B and went on to study BSc Paramedic Science at the University of Gloucestershire.
- Freddie achieved BTEC Business Studies Distinction *, Geography A, Extended Project Qualification A and has gone on to do a Procurement Apprenticeship at St James’ Place Wealth Management.
- Harry achieved Biology B, Geography C, Physics, C, Maths D and has gone on to do a Degree Level Apprenticeship in Aerospace Engineering at GKN Aerospace.
- Hamzah achieved Maths B, Computer Science B, Physics B and went on to study BSc Computer Science at Aston University.