What support will I get?High quality pastoral care is fundamentally important to ensure the wellbeing and safety of our students, as well as helping them to develop into well-rounded and responsible members of society.
Our Sixth Form team, including our Learning Mentor, Deputy Head of Sixth Form, Head of Sixth Form, form tutors and sixth form teaching staff, work hard to ensure the academic and personal wellbeing of every individual student.
Our Pastoral care includes:
- Supporting the successful transition of students from Y11 into the Sixth Form, including the provision of transition materials to develop study skills and subject knowledge, and a Year 12 Induction Day.
- Termly mentoring with tutors, providing one to one academic advice and guidance to help students reach their potential.
- Regular assemblies addressing pastoral issues, such as mental health, personal safety, and wellbeing.
- One to one academic and pastoral support from our Learning Mentor.
- Careers advice and guidance, cultural enrichment, and the development of skills through our tutor programme.
‘I chose Archway 6th form because it offered a friendly, supportive environment, and a close-knit network of teachers and students.’ Rene, Year 13
‘Archway 6th form helped me emotionally and academically to reach my goals and achieve a place to study Paramedic Science at university, supporting me to overcome personal problems and realise that nothing is impossible when you put in the hard work.’ Lydia, Year 13 Leaver