Why choose Archway Sixth Form?
Archway Sixth Form - Your route to a great future
We provide pathways to all degree-level courses and apprenticeships, offering both BTEC and A-Level options. We’ll help you to succeed in your ambitions with high quality, small group teaching and strong pastoral support.
- Our sixth form has consistently been rated ‘Good’ by OFSTED, as was the wider school in our most recent inspection.
- Our teaching staff are experts in their fields and have often developed strong working relationships with existing students meaning sixth formers are able to hit the ground running with their studies.
- For students joining from other schools, we offer a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Our staff and students are ambitious; we have many students that go on to Russell Group Universities and we have bespoke support for those applying to Oxbridge.
- We offer a wide range of careers guidance alongside study, with support for those looking to progress vocational options after Sixth Form.
- At what can be a potentially stressful time of life, we provide strong pastoral support including:
- the provision of transition materials to develop study skills and subject knowledge, and a Year 12 Induction Day
- termly mentoring with tutors, providing one-to-one academic advice and guidance to help students reach their potential
- regular assemblies addressing pastoral issues, such as mental health, personal safety, and wellbeing
- one-to-one academic and pastoral support from our Learning Mentor
- careers advice and guidance, cultural enrichment, and the development of skills through our tutor programme.
- There are also great opportunities for enrichment and wellbeing. This focuses on the soft skills valued by employers and universities, such as teamwork, communication, independence, problem solving, mentoring, and organisational skills. It also encourages students to make a positive contribution to the school and local communities. Our enrichment programme includes:
- supporting younger students through peer reading programmes, helping organise and run subject specific clubs
- being ambassadors for the school and subject areas
- participating in the Duke of Edinburgh Programme
- broadening or deepening their studies by participating in MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) from university providers across the globe
- opportunity for students to develop the enrichment activities that they feel would benefit them
- charity fundraising activities, environmental projects, and running sports activities for primary school students.
Based in the heart of Stroud, Archway is easy to access saving you time and money. You can also access bursaries to support your time here. To find out more about Archway’s Sixth Form please email email@example.com or click on one of the links in the menu on the right.