Virtual Work Experience
Virtual work experience - why it might help you stand out
What is virtual work experience?
Virtual work experience, also referred to as online, remote, or digital, provides you with the opportunity to gain experience in the workplace, develop skills, boost your employability, and explore new industries and job roles.
Below is a list of some free virtual work experience placements plus careers information/tips Some will give a flavour of a career and some are actual placements where you need to register, apply, and complete work (up to 5-day placement). Other forms of work experience you can demonstrate (if safe to do so) such as volunteering (at a foodbank?) taking shopping to elderly neighbours, dog walking, Extracurricular activities – DoE, Scouts, Guides, Clubs or take up a new skill such as sign language
British Sign Language For as little as a £3 donation you can start a course in BSL online –
Also, look at individual Employers via their website
- https://www.s4snextgen.org/ Speakers 4 Schools are offering a range of areas for the focussed student. You need to register to look at the various opportunities on offer.
- https://www.springpod.co.uk/learn-lounge/ offers students to Live and interactive careers talks, completely free to attend. If you can’t watch live - all talks will be available on-demand. It features inspiring career stories and guidance from experts across different fields – from technology to sport, and everything in between.
- https://barclayslifeskills.com/i-want-virtual-work-experience/school/virtual-work-experience - You will need to register for this but not only does Barclaycard LifeSkills offer this virtual work experience but also lots of useful information including CVs, building confidence and assertiveness, and tips to progress into the eventual world of work. When you take part or view activities, students gain points to track their LifeSkills progress.
- https://teachfirstcharity.sharepoint.com/:w:/s/External/DEV/EUNzGLsYJXxCnAIanU-raxUBlrdSh_8psz4PFsveYldYtw?rtime=4qtUq1IY2Eg – 5-8 min video clips of Virtual Career Talks from UK companies. Also, there are fact sheets accompanying the films, plus shows subject links. More career talks to add in the future. Some include Architecture, Drama & Theatre, Electrician & Finance
- https://www.prospects.ac.uk/jobs-and-work-experience/work-experience-and-internships Information and suggestions to alternatives to Work Experience plus lots of other career & job profiles & information
Virtual Work Experience Opportunities
https://medicmentor.co.uk/covid-19-student-work-experience-opportunities/ for specific Science-related careers such as Doctors, Dentistry & Veterinary Surgeons