Covid- 19 Protocols for visitors to Archway School
All visitors to Archway chool will have an agreed appointment with a named person.
No visitor should attend the school if they have any Covid-19 symptoms and/or lives with anyone that does.
Visitors agree that if they do start to have Covid-19 symptoms they will arrange for a test to be taken. If the test is positive, they will immediately notify the school.
Visitors also agree to provide up to date contact details to the school.
Face masks are compulsory for visitors when inside the buildings.
Meetings should only take place near the reception area of the school.
All visitors must agree to the following protocols:
- Visitors to the school will be expected to adhere to social distancing regulations both on entering and exiting the school and whilst in the school.
- Visitors to the school will wear a face mask inside the school buildings.
- Visitors will wait in the school’s reception to be collect by a named person.
- Visitors should always be accompanied by a member of staff. Where visits are confidential and require the visitor to be left alone with a student, they will be allocated a set amount of time.
- Visitors that start to feel ill during their visit will immediately notify the member of staff.
- Visitors will be required to sanitise their hands when entering the school’s reception area.
- Visitors should use the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach, using the appropriate bins.
- Visitors should avoid touching their mouth, nose and eyes.
- Visitors will immediately pass on any safeguarding concerns to a member of staff BEFORE they leave the school.
- Visitors should be considerate of others; the coronavirus outbreak may have caused significant mental health or wellbeing difficulties not only for young people but staff too.
These protocols have been put in place to ensure the safe and confident return of students to the school – please be aware that requests by staff will always be in the interests of all using the school.